UiPath is paving the way for the cutting-edge software technology known as RPA (i.e., Robotic Process Automation). The latter focuses single-mindedly on erasing highly repetitive human activity in the workplace. It’s an arena that demonstrates innovative thinking around the end-to-end process of constructing, testing, deploying, and controlling robotic devices to emulate human behavior.
More specifically, the emphasis is on efficiently removing human resources from interacting with digital systems and software in predictable work situations. It all boils down to building practical economic solutions on the premise that software robots can replicate a substantial part of what people can do in the digital era. The UiPath team underlines that robot can – for example:
- Interpret anything that pops up on a computer screen.
- Respond with the appropriate keystrokes.
- Navigate systems, discover pertinent data, and sort it.
Lower down; we’ll show it has the flexibility to take on much more than the above.
Is RPA “terminator-type” fiction or a modern-day reality?
Indeed, RPA is not a pipedream or some sci-fi extravaganza. Simply answered, software robots can reliably and accurately repeat more defined tasks in substantially less time. Also, they can do so without taking a break for coffee, lunch, or going to sleep – continuously 24/7/365. The 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Robotic Process Automation agrees, commending UiPath as a highly evaluated vendor with exemplary execution. So, assuming you’re interested in making crucial cuts in your overhead and mega-leaps in ROI, you’re reading the right article. Moreover, we provide content that will help you get there practically at an attractive price.
The skeptics’ first question – “Are robotic benefits worth the cost of people losing their jobs?”
Answer: On the contrary, RPA advantages enrich job descriptions by replacing unwanted tasks with content employees welcome with open arms.
Atlas systems – a UiPath partner – focusing on financial services, life sciences, pharmaceutical entities, hospitality, retail, media, and entertainment as primary candidates for RPA’s ROI-centric results. These industries are best suited for reducing fatigue, emotional stress, and errors that stem from work boredom. It’s easy to see why as the UiPath features enable companies to:
- Streamline workflows, thus releasing humans from doing mundane tasks.
- Simultaneously usher in an enhanced employee experience, a massive brake on staff churn.
- Engage human resources in more productive tasks – essential for fostering job satisfaction. It establishes that coveted commodity – employee loyalty.
- Initiate processes that get the digital transformation completed seamlessly, non-invasively, and most critically – fast.
RPA transformative capabilities are compelling
Are you operating a high-volume, rules-driven business with repeatable processes? In that case, you can viably disconnect employee participation in lower-value job tasks like:
- Logging in and out of applications
- Data sorting, insertion, and extraction
- Navigating files and folders, analyses, and report development.
While you’re saying goodbye to all that, welcome to the era of advanced robotics. RPA technology leverages integrated machine learning models that allow AI to bolster capabilities pillared in:
- Natural language processing
- Character and image recognition
See how robots engage in chats so convincingly that the audience thinks there’s a human at the other end of the communication. Participate in initiatives that raise RPA to the level of interpreting text, structuring haphazard data, and self-upgrade in real-time to solve more complex issues.
Don’t take our word for it
- Companies choosing to ignore RPA technology’s impressive ROI implications do so at the risk of losing traction in competitive environments. One doesn’t have to look far to see the evidence:
An IT Central Station report reflects that a broad industry and company spectrum universally confirms that RPA’s cost-saving metrics are nothing short of astounding.
- Robotic technologies showed solid resilience during COVID-19 by responding to corporate digital systems’ severe work spikes and roller-coaster demands.
A Forrester report – “Impact of RPA on Employee Experience” – emphatically underlines that 57% of the respondents believed that RPA reduced errors and promoted employee engagement. In addition, Forrester points out that corporate management significantly voted (60%) in favor of RPA shifting employees to focus on strategic considerations instead. These observations powerfully endorse the aspect of employee value implicit in the UiPath proposition.
Purely from a productivity viewpoint, a UiPath survey uncovered a stunning metric, namely: That workers in companies on every continent have confidence that RPA favors greater productivity. Moreover, a Deloitte survey found that 92% of its respondents agreed that the technology category’s contribution to improved compliance is undeniable.
UiPath is an entity that can help you to develop into an automated company with ROI growing beyond stakeholder expectations. Interestingly, you can achieve this with only a small upfront investment in a scalable way that aligns with your most comfortable growth pace. In addition, your team can transform systems to RPA-centric advantage without disruption and coding requirements that generally inhibit other technological adaptations. Atlas Systems, in collaboration with UiPath, is ahead of the RPA curve. Don’t hesitate to contact its team for more details.