MongoDB 4.4 is now Generally Available (GA)
MongoDB, the document-oriented NoSQL database company, has announced on July 30, 2020, that MongoDB 4.4 release is now Generally Available (GA) with new features and improvements intended to bolster the database’s ability to work reliably at scale.
The launch of MongoDB 4.4, general availability of Atlas Data Lake and Atlas Search, and the general availability of MongoDB Realm offers organizations an escape from data silos and fragmented APIs as MongoDB Cloud delivers a developer-optimized, cloud-to-mobile platform.
MongoDB 4.4 Feature Highlights
- MongoDB Query Language and Drivers
- Global Read and Write Concerns to configure cluster-wide read isolation and write durability guarantees.
- Union aggregation pipeline stage to blend data from multiple collections for deeper exploration and analysis.
- Custom Aggregation Expressions to extend MongoDB with your own functions, executed as part of an aggregation pipeline.
- New Rust and Swift drivers.
- Scale-Out Flexibility and Performance
- Refinable Shard Keys to define and refine your shard keys at any time, with no system downtime.
- Compound Hashed Shard Keys that more evenly distribute load across shards without losing data locality.
- Hedged Reads minimize p95 and p99 latencies by submitting read requests to multiple replicas and returning results as soon as the quickest node responds.
- Simultaneous Indexing and Streaming Replication that reduce replica lag to serve fresher data to your users.
- Resilience and Security
- Mirrored Reads that pre-warm the caches of secondary replicas to reduce the impact of primary elections following an outage or after planned maintenance.
- Resumable Initial Sync to make it easier and faster to scale-out when adding new replicas or recover nodes that have fallen too far behind the rest of the cluster.
- AWS IAM Authentication that simplifies cloud-native security by reusing existing regular and temporary Amazon IAM credentials when connecting to MongoDB Atlas
- TLS 1.3 and 50% faster client authentication to MongoDB
Watch the below on-demand webinar to learn more about all of the features and enhancements in the latest release –