Business Intelligence is the process of analyzing the data and presenting the data in actionable information to help end-users to make informed business decisions.
Power BI is a cloud-based data analysis tool that is used for reporting and data analysis from a wide range of data sources (Excel, SQL, Oracle).
Components of Power BI:
- Power BI Desktop – It is used for creating visualizations.
- Power Query editor – It is used for data transformation.
- Power BI service – It is used to share the reports.
Different views in Power BI desktop:
- Report view – It is used to create reports and visuals.
- Data view – It is used to view tables, measures, and other data used in the data model.
- Model – manage relationships among tables.
Different filters in Power BI:
- Visual – It is used for the representation of data such as a graph, table, chart, etc.,
- Page – a collection of visuals placed on a single page.
- Report – a collection of the page (.pbix file).
DAX (Data Analysis Expressions):
DAX is the collection and combination of functions, operators, and constants that are evaluated as one formula to yield results.
Types of DAX functions in Power BI
- Text functions
- Aggregation functions
- Date and Time functions
- Filter functions
- Logical functions
- Time Intelligence functions
RLS (Row Level Security)
RLS is used to restrict data for different users. There are two types:
- Static RLS
- Dynamic RLS
It is a software that is required to access data situated in an on-premises network. It acts as the gatekeeper for the on-premises data source.
Content Packs provide a way to share power BI reports, datasets, or dashboards to share with individuals within the organization.
Power BI Service
Dashboards – Collection of tiles from various reports.
Tile – It is a single visual pinned from a report.
Reports – Collection of pages that contains visualizations.
Datasets – Collection of data to create a visualization.
Visualization – Graphical representation of data.
Workspaces are like shared folders where you can collaborate with colleagues to create collections of dashboards and reports.
There are 4 roles given to access the workspace. They are,
How Atlas can help?
Atlas Systems is a leading IT Services company and expert in ITOps. We are leveraging AI & ML and managing IT Operations for Fortune 1000 companies from 17 years. We are working with global industry leaders and providing Database Services, Application development & support, Infrastructure support, Network support, Cloud migration, Big data & analytics, IT security, and IT consulting.
Atlas Systems is a long-term technology partner and providing strategic software solutions and technology services that have helped clients achieve measurable business value.